Driving License procedure – Delhi
Okay, so now that I have got my driving license (2 wheeler vehicle only), let me jot down the procedure here.
- First go to https://dlpay.dimts.in/app/index.aspx
- Apply for Learner’s License, fill up the form online.
- Pick a time slot to book appointment, pay fee, which is rs 30/-+service charge for two wheeler. I booked early morning slot of 07:00 – 07:30 AM. I would advise you to book early one to avoid long queue there.
- Print out your filled form, paste a photograph and sign below it, fee receipt along with self-attested below documents.
- You need 2 documents –
- Residence Proof of Delhi
- Age Proof
- Passport size photograph
- For residence – Aadhar card or voter id card or passport etc. I submitted Aadhar Card.
- For age – Pan card or School certificate or birth certificate etc. I submitted School Certificate.
- On appointment day carry your original documents, with a copy of each self-attested.
- I went to Sheikh Sarai office for 2 wheeler license; there you need to go to counter no 9. Give your filled form, he will ask for original documents. Confirm your details on the system, like name, address etc.
- He will give you a fee receipt and pass your form to counter no. 10. There you have to give finger prints; signature and they will click a photo of you. This photo will be there in your DL, so make sure you smile. J
- Once this is done they will attest your form, stamp and will return to you.
- Now you have to go 2nd floor room no 210 for online test.
- Wait for your turn, hand over your form. Keep the only fee receipt with you. Give test. Result will be in front of you. If fail you have to go back again after a week. If pass, you have to wait till 2 o’clock.
- At 2 o’clock they will distribute the learner’s license from room no 212.
- Now you got your learning license, learn to ride. You got ONE month time to apply for permanent license.
- After 30 days you again need to go online https://dlpay.dimts.in/app/index.aspx
- Apply for permanent license, book appointment pay fee of rs. 250/- + for 2 wheeler vehicle. Again print the filled form and fee receipt, affix a photograph of yours, self-attest.
- On appointment day, carry your bike with a sign L at front & back (imp.) with you, filled form with photo, fee receipt. Go to counter no 9 (Sheikh Sarai), give your finger prints and collect fee receipt.
- Carry your form, pick your bike and go to the main road just outside office building.
- There will be a long queue with vehicles with sign L, give your form to the inspector. Wait.
- As soon as you hear your name; fasten your helmet, start your bike, go to the start line. Listen to the inspector carefully and proceed. Complete the round and reach to the inspector, he will inform you the result. If pass your DL will reach to your address within a week. If fail, come back again after 8 days.
- He failed me on my first driving test.
- Helmet not fasten correctly
- Crossed the zebra line at the red light.
- Did not give left indicator while parking the bike.
- So I went again after 8 days, (10 days actually). Had to pay 50/- rs fee at counter no 1 and finger print at counter no 2. Gave test again and passed.
- I actually forgot counter no 2 thing; didn’t give finger prints. I just paid fees and gave test, went home and then office. At evening I got a call from rto office to come again and complete finger prints part. So next morning went again there and completed.
- So on 19th Oct 2016 all formalities completed; on 22nd Oct India Post delivered my permanent driving license at my door.
Happy driving everyone!